60TH IMO BATH, UNITED KINGDOM JULY 11-22, 2019
IMO is the short name of International Mathematical Olympiad. It is the greatest mathematics Olympiad in the world. The International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is the World Championship Mathematics Competition for High School students and is held annually in a different country. The first IMO was held in 1959 in Romania, with 7 countries participating. It has gradually expanded to over 100 countries from 5 continents. 60th IMO will be held in United Kingdom, in July 11-22, 2019. Iraq will participate in the IMO for the fouth time. The Iraqi Team will be chosen through 3 competitions. The IMO 2018 Iraqi Team Selection Exams will be done in 6 cities, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, Baghdad, Kirkuk, Basra and Duhok.
Rules and Regulations
- Students from grades 9 to 12 can participate.
- Questions in the exams are all problem solving and essay-type.
- Exam language is English only.
- IMO 2019 Iraqi Team Selection Exams will be done in 3 rounds. After 3 rounds at most 6 students will be chosen from all over Iraq.
- First round will be held on November 17, 2018, Saturday. Level of the questions will be equivalent to AMC8 questions. Students who show at least 50% success in the first round will be eligible for the second round.
- Second round will be held on February 13, 2019, Wednesday. Students who show at least 50% success in the second round will be eligible for the third round. Winners of second round will be invited in the Spring Olympiad Camp in March 2019 for 6 days.
- Third (Final) Round will be organized under the name Iraq National Mathematics Olympiad (INASMO-MATH 2019) on April 27, 2019, Saturday, in Erbil. First 6 students who get at least 70% in the third round will be a member of the Iraqi Team.
- For IMO 2019 Iraqi Team, Summer Camp will be organized in Erbil, between 3-28 June 2019. Joining the Camp is mandatory for the selected team members.
- For further information and registration visit www.inasmo.org